Alberto G. Brugnoni, a former director with Merrill Lynch Bank, is an independent consultant on Islamic finance and the Founding and Managing Partner of ASSAIF, the oldest Islamic finance consultancy in Europe. Over the years, ASSAIF has been instrumental in bringing Islamic finance to new markets and extending its range of activities to new areas.
- 2013 : The implementation of a multi-year and nationwide developmental strategy for the Afghan government.
- 2012 : The development of home ownership financing for Palestinians living in the West Bank.
- 2012 : The launching of Takaful in Afghanistan.
- 2011 : The maiden Islamic finance capital market transaction in Russia.
- 2009 : The membership of the advisory committee to the UK Conservative Party on the issuance of a debut sovereign Sukuk.
- 2006 : The financing of electricity generation from methane gas in four Syrian landfills.
- 2006 : The maiden Islamic finance transaction in Italy.
- 2004-2007 : The European-wide ‘New Life Style’ project on solidarity economy.
- 1997: The “Pilot Project Jannat al-Ard” for the inclusion of Muslim migrants in Sicily.
Alberto is furthermore a consultant to the World Bank for micro-takaful, was the 2012 chair of the Advisory Council of the World Congress of Muslim Philanthropists, the chair of the London International Takaful Summit (2007-2018), as well as the co-promoter and chair of the ‘Turin Islamic Economic Forum’.